My weekdays a pretty consistent. I tend to have the same schedule Monday-Friday. Things do vary a bit on the weekends, but during the week I have a predictable routine. Here’s what that routine looks like.
- 6 AM: Get up
- 6:00 – 6:30 AM: Walk the dogs
- 6:30 – 7:15 AM: Complete a bodyweight workout and stretching routine
- 7:15 – 7:45 AM: Take the kids to school, coffee in hand
- 7:45 – 9:30 AM: Spend an hour running, spinning, or swimming and take a quick shower
- 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM: Work
- 5:30 – 9:00 PM: Family time
- 9:30 PM: Kids are headed to bed
- 11 PM: Go to bed
Some of these elements shift around a bit. If I’m extra busy at work I may start work earlier or spend an hour or two working later in the evening. Kids activities may require that I stop work a little earlier than 5:30. Unfortunately, it’s not unusual for me to be up considerably later than 11 PM. However, this the outline of my typical day and this is the schedule I keep most weekdays.